GridSME provides a range of NERC Compliance Services that can support your generation facility’s NERC compliance over its entire lifecycle: from project development and commissioning through ongoing compliance program management, and any audits or other events in between. Our primary objective is to ensure that your facility’s operations support regulatory compliance, providing owners and operators with the tools and resources needed to ensure they meet all applicable NERC requirements.
Our experts have a depth of expertise in the industry to assist registered entities with both the Operations and Planning standards and the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards. GridSME particularly understands the unique challenges currently facing solar generators, and our team has extensive experience partnering with solar developers, asset owners, and operators to minimize risk and achieve their regulatory and compliance goals.
Managed Compliance Services
GridSME provides registered entities with peace of mind that our NERC Compliance Services team is managing all aspects of the entity’s compliance program (for both GO and GOP functions). For a fixed annual fee, GridSME will perform the following activities as part of Managed Compliance Services:
What We Do:
- Update NERC compliance program documentation in response to new or revised standards
- Monitor all NERC and regional entity developments affecting your facility
- Manage reporting and data submittals to reliability entities
- Develop and manage an internal compliance program for your personnel
- Perform periodic evidence gathering and collection to support ongoing compliance
Compliance Program Development
Regardless of your starting point or level of NERC knowledge, GridSME has the resources and tools to support renewable project developers and generator owners with NERC program setup and implementation. Leveraging GridSME’s team of power engineers, the NERC Compliance Services team can interface with third parties (EPC, O&M provider) to:
1. Review and analyze engineering evidence required to demonstrate NERC readiness; and
2. Develop customized NERC compliance process and procedure documentation.
CIP Compliance Services
Reinforced by its GridSecurity team, GridSME's NERC Compliance Services team supports CIP program setup and ongoing program management to maintain a holistic approach to cyber and physical security for your facility.
NERC Audit and Assessment Services
GridSME can provide registered entities with support on NERC audits and internal assessments upon request, including:
- Perform an Operations and Planning standard program review and evaluation, including areas of improvement and potential concerns
- Perform an assessment and evaluation of an entity’s internal controls program
- Conduct a mock audit to provide assurance of NERC audit readiness for your staff
- Manage your entire NERC or region audit, including developing Reliability Standard Audit Worksheets (RSAWs), ensuring adequate evidence, and providing expertise to respond to all communications with audit staff
GridSME understands that a complete regulatory compliance program includes more than the NERC standards. Our team of experts can provide an understanding of applicable state utility commission regulations and navigate organized market requirements, including the CAISO tariff, FERC EQR reporting, market protocols, and business practices that impact your facility.